Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Mabon!


Here's the banner I made to celebrate the autumnal equinox. The figure represents Cernunnos, or the horned god, Herne the Hunter or the Green Man. In some traditions of Wicca, the cycle of seasons follows the relationship between the Horned God and the Goddess. During the fall the Horned God dies as the land goes dormant.


Speaking of harvest, here is my container garden of lettuce, cabbage, radishes and carrots.  The plan is to bring the container inside once the temperature drops and see if I can grow veggies through the fall! 
The terra cotta pots hold Thai basil and cucumbers on the left, and bell peppers and chili peppers on the right.

I attended a Pagan Pride festival last weekend and found this incense of wormwood and mugwort for scrying


Since I've only burned stick and cone incense before, I needed to get a mortar and pestle to grind the dried herbs, some charcoal pellets to burn them on, and an incense burner to hold it all!
If I like the way it works (and smells!) I have my own wormwood plant in the back yard.  I've been looking for mugwort at the local nurseries for several months with no luck.  I may end up having to buy seeds online.  Enjoy your own harvest festival.  Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment